Community Mentor Program
Make a difference in the life of
a Pottstown Middle School student!
Become a Mentor…
Mentoring guarantees young people that there is someone who cares about them, assures them they are not alone in dealing with day-today challenges, and makes them feel like they matter. Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations. Ultimately, mentoring increases a young person’s personal growth, development, and social and economic opportunity.
When & Where?
- Pottstown Middle School
- During the student’s lunch time or 8:00am-8:30am mentoring block
- 30 minutes once a week; same day & time every week
- Committed adult community members
- Complete mentor orientation
- Submit your clearances, background check, and Personal Information Survey
- Program Coordinator will match you with a student
- We will contact you to set up your first meeting with a student
- Show up
- Talk with student, listen to them and encourage them
- Commit to mentoring for at least one school year
- Potential for a multi-year commitment